A day on the mountain bike is a real adventure. The combination of breathtaking landscapes, challenging trails and the adrenaline rush of overcoming obstacles makes mountain biking a passion for many bikers. Here you will find a list of the most important pieces of equipment for the next MTB tour and what you should pay attention to when preparing.
MTB tour: What can you find in this blog article?
- Best preparation for a MTB tour
- The 10 most important pieces of equipment for a MTB tour
- The right MTB helmet for your cycling glasses
Everything under control: You should pay attention to this when preparing for your MTB tour
Perfect preparation is half the battle. The better you be prepared for the tour, the better the mountain bike experience will be. The preparation does not just include checking the tires and arranging the outfit, but much more. This is the only way to be ready for unforeseen situations. We have a few points for you that you should not ignore when preparing.
- Weather and terrain check: The choice of equipment and clothing depends on the weather conditions. Be sure to check the temperatures, precipitation and the level of difficulty of the terrain in advance.
- Impeccable safety equipment: Minimize the risk of accidents on the MTB tour and make sure you have the right safety equipment such as a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and gloves.
- First Aid Kit: Is your first aid kit complete? You should definitely check that the bandages, disinfectants and plasters are with you on the tour.
- Tools: Despite optimal preparation, something can of course break on the MTB tour. That is why you should bring spare hoses, a pump, a multi-tool wrench, chain oil and your air pump.
- Comfort: Above all, a MTB tour should be fun. It is therefore important that the equipment does not pinch, pinch or slip.
- Less is more: When preparing for mountain biking, you should make sure that you don't pack too much. With a light luggage you save energy and can perform at your best.
- Be mindful: Anyone who is out and about in nature must respect the environment and fellow human beings. Be aware of your limits and don't overwhelm yourself.
Mountain biking without compromise: The 10 most important pieces on a MTB tour
First of all - the ideal mountain bike tour packing list depends on your own needs and requirements. But here you can find the most important pieces which you should bring on every tour.
- Sports Glasses
- Knee Pads
- Bike Tool
- Pump or CO2 cartridge
- First Aid Kit
- Appropriate clothing
- Personal items (money bag, snacks, sunscreen)
Safety first: The right goggles for your MTB helmet
When it comes to mountain biking, safety comes first. In this blog article you can find out what you should look out for when buying an MTB helmet and which helmet best suits your NAKED Optics sports glasses.